Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Movies That Made Me Cry

I am a big movie fan and I like watching movies every now and then to relieve my stress but sometimes not all of the movies that I get to watch are movies that can make me laugh. Some movies made me cry as well. SO I decided to make a list of some of the movies that made me grab on to some tissue or a handkerchief to weep on them or to use them for blowing my nose. So here goes...


(NOTE: Now again, this list is in NO PARTICULAR ORDER whatsoever and if you have not watched any of the movies in this list, you might want not to read my desciptions for them so as not to spoil your viewing pleasure. Yes, I mean it...CAUTION: SPOILER ALERT!!!)


1. Marley and Me
Sure it was just a movie about a man along with his family and their relationship with their dog through the years. They branded their dog, by the way, the worst dog in the world. If you have seen the movie then you will know why. I guess I just really have a soft spot for animals aside from the fact that I had a dog that somehow looked like Marley and I had learned on that day that I watched the movie that she has died under my relatives care. Boo-Hoo!

2. Eight Below
Now, who wouldn't cry when you find out how these dogs struggled in the freezing temperatures of that land without any humans taking care of them? Remember, they are not wild dogs but rather domesticated ones so it was fascinating to see that some of them survived the ordeal that they went though. I feel sad for those that died though. My heart warmed up too when they showed how much compassion the humans had to go back to rescue the dogs and at the same time, the way the dogs survived as a family and interacted like they were actually human beings that nurtured and loved one another.

3. UP
Basically, I cried watching this movie because of Mr. Fredrickson and Ellie's story. I cried that they met each other when they were young, became lovers and ended up getting married with each other. They ended up making their own house, doing everything together and saving money for their dream vacation. I was heartbroken when they found out that they couldn't have any kids but was happy to realize that through it all his husband still loved him. I cried when I saw that his life changed a lot after she died. I don't get to see that kind of love anymore nowadays and old couples are really rare to find these days. I just wish I can also live to be that old and yet still so in love.

4. P.S. I Love You
Gerard Butler is a man who swooned us in 300 and then now here he is again, showing us his soft side. He play Gerry in this film who is Holly's husband. Their love story was sweet and yet it ended sadly. The movie made me cry immediately. I cried when I found out Gerry was dead. I even asked my TV screen that day "WHY"? Not like it was going to answer or anything, I just felt the need to do it. I cried even more when Holly found out all the things that Gerry did for him despite the fact that he was gone. I mean, how romantic is that? Sure it can be a biy creepy that your dead husband still has things in store for you even when he isn't around anymore to see you react to all of them but you can't deny the fact for a hopeless romantic like me, that's something special. 

5. Cocoon
I saw this movie when I was still very young and I cried because it showed some old people reliving their youth and gaining their strength back all because of some strange alien life form energy being placed into a pool of water. When the old people bathed there, they were rejuvinated. But it wasn't at all like Neverland. I felt bad that in the end, the wife of one of the characters had to die all because he had accidentally revealed to everyone about the healing powers of the water and that after that stealing all the healing powers away but the happy part of the film was it's ending. Sure, Bernie lost his way and the rest of the alien cocoons were not saved but at least the rest of the old people were carried away by the rest of the aliens to their homeworld with a promise that they will never grow ill, never age and never die. Now, who doesn't want that?

6. My Girl
We all know Macaulay Culkin from the Home Alone movies. He was a cute blonde kid who always gets left behind by his family somewhere but in the movie, My Girl, he was a totally different kid. He falls in love with this girl named Vada and she ends up going through trials in her life. He dies however from an allergic reaction to bee stings while trying to look for her mood ring in the woods. Tragic Young Love. *sighs* I cried when he died.

7. Green Mile
I felt bad for Coffey for being accused of something he did not do. Tom Hanks did a good portrayal of the warden too. Mostly, I cried because of Coffey. He was a big man with a big heart and yet everybody thought he was a bad guy and wanted him dead. That is just so wrong in so many levels.

8. If Only
I cried  because again death is what kept them apart. He sees her die even before he could reconcile with her and then the next day, the same thing happens again but this time, he tries to save her only to die instead of her in the process. How bittersweet! Tragic love stories are always tear jerkers. Need I say more?

9. Passion Of The Christ
I may not a very religious person but whenever I watch a movie that depicts the sufferings of the Lord, I still feel his pain. I cried in the film every time he was being hit by the Roman soldiers and cried every time he would fall on the ground. I cried when he was in pain and most of all, I cried because he made me remember what he sacrificed for all of us. He died for our sins and he should  be remembered forever.

10. The Land Before Time
I don't know anybody who wouldn't cry if you saw someone who just lost his mother. I cried when I found out Little Foot was already an orphan an his mother died while trying to protect him and save from a shark tooth. That's motherly love for you. Yes, how sissy of me. Good thing I'm a girl so I have an excuse for being one. LOL!

11. King Kong
The latest King Kong movie broke my heart and after me watching it in the cinemas for the first time, I swore never to see the movie again ever. Why? Because it just showed how cruel humans are and how we entertained ourselves when we realized that showing a big hairy ape in front of a live audience was considered entertainment. I mean, come on, people! Yet we call ourselves the highest form of all animals. 

12. Click
I think many people want to have that kind of remote control in their lives but I don't think I want it. I guess Adam Sandler had to learn the hard way when he was offered the chance of a lifetime to have a universal remote control in his hands that can change his life forever. He took advantage of the remote and even abused it until in the end, he didn't know what to do with his life anymore because everything was going so fast, too soon. The only part that I cried in was the part when he had to run after his son, Ben and he was already very old and ill. He ran after him outside in the blistering cold rain and he tried to run after the car that his son was in. I cried when he died in the rain that night.

13. Titanic
I don't remember how many times I watched this film. Apparently, I have lost track already. Yes, I admit, now, I think it is an overrated film but I still will not overlook the fact that I thought it was an awesome film when I was younger. I was so happy for Jack and Rose to have met each other on such a majestic ship and then when I realized one of them was about to die while saving the other, I cried. Yes, Leonardo Di Caprio died in this movie and Kate Winslet lived but now that I think about it, the movie wouldn't have been so memorable if they both had lived. Otherwise, the King Louis diamond would have made them rich and they would have lived happily ever after and perhaps the story of Rose would never have reached the crew of researchers searching for the Titanic. 

14. Princess Mononoke
Another animation that made me sob. Well, I sobbed to find out that again, man is the cause of the death of mother nature (namely, the firest guardians and god). Too bad, we were all too stubborn to even think that we are the only thing that matters in this world. 

15. Million Dollar Baby
I was  happy at the victories of the lead protagonist played by Hillary Swank. I was also glad that her trainer, 
Clint Eastwood, did what he had to do for her. Boxing isn't a game for the ladies, that I can attest to. Too bad she had to win matches to get money for her family who in the end doesn't really care for her but only cares about the money that she earns. She eventually had a championship match and she had to go against one of the dirtiest fighters in the game. I felt bad that she had to suffer such a fate. She ended up losing only because her opponent cheated. She ended up being hospitalized after that. Yes, tears fell from my eyes because I pitied her. She wanted only the best for the people she loved and yet in the end when she needed them, where were they? She was all alone and the only person who stayed with her through it all was her trainer who treated her like his own child. Now, who wouldn't cry after that?

This is just the first part of this list. Who knows if I will make another one besides these movies may not have made you guys cry to begin with. I guess when it comes to list, our choices vary. Until next time, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment